Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Count your Blessings

I should really let Korie blog this because she is a better story teller than me, but she wasn't fast enough. So today Korie and her two boys were over playing. My two youngest and her boys were playing in my car while Korie and I were talking in my front room with the door open. All of a sudden Korie jumped up swearing and started to run from the house (I thought she was over reacting if she just forget an appointment or something). But I followed right after her to see my civic rolling backwards out of my driveway and across the street and right towards Korie's house. We both started running after the car. At first I thought Scott was backing up the car, but quickly realized that Korie's little Mason who is almost 2 was the driver. The car went down my driveway, across the street up Korie's driveway and amazingly right into her little 1 car garage. The car ony stopped because Korie and I grabbed hold of either side as it ran over bikes and bigwheels in the garage. It was a miracle that none of our kids were run over. My girls and Mason were in the car and poor Ethan was feeling bad because he was standing in front of the car in the driveway watching the whole thing. I think he felt bad he missed the adventure and he was upset my car ran over his bike. We were so blessed that our kids were safe, that no one was run over and that the car didn't slam into the house or they would have big bumps on their heads or worse (they did not have their seatbelts on, what were they thinking?) Mags was so scared and Mason and Ellie were oblivious to the danger they were in. Somehow Mason steered the car perfectly into the garage. I don't know how it didn't crash into the side of the garage or Korie's car parked in the driveway. We are truly blessed. Funny thing is I told Scott he should keep his car locked and he told me I should watch my kids. Ha Ha. I have big prayers to say tonight!!!

1 comment:

Korie Bellamy Photography said...

I thought you told that really well ... even though I don't remember swearing!! like I would really swear:) lol
I made sure I said my prayers of thanks last night too!!