Thursday, February 26, 2009

So we had a great time in Oklahoma!
I took the girls swimming in the hotel pool everyday. I got really stir crazy in the hotel all day with just 3 kids!!!
We watched alot of cartoons on the Disney Channel. My girls fought over little kid cartoons and big kid shows. Annie loves the teenager shows. She is only 6.

Annie really improved on her swimming skills. She is very nervous of water, but is doing great, she even jumps into the pool without someone catching her.







Ellie hates being splashed, but so do I
She loves the water and I was trying to teach her to float on her back.







Crazy Mags loves to jump off the edge of the pool to you and hold on to your back, but she is soooo afraid of the water. She will not float on her back anymore. She is crazy and always tries to hide from the camera. I tried to take her picture like 40 times and this is her yelling at me to stop.






We tried to stay really busy, so we had lots of fun family time. We went to alot of movies, out to eat alot, shopping at all of the malls and to the Oklahoma City Zoo. The weather was great. It was in the 60's while Utah was being dumped on with snow. My poor dogs! They missed us.


So Annie's teacher was really cool and sent me homework for Annie. She missed 2 weeks of 1st Grade. She is such a little smarty pants and is doing very well, so the teacher thought it would be a great learning experience for her. Poor girl has already been to Oklahoma like 20 times, but she still loves it.
My cute girls

We did have a crazy tornado experience. I don't know how anyone lives with the fear of tornados. The day before we left a storm rolled in and we were having a tornado warning and the sirens were going off and the weather was horrible. Ellie and Mag slept for hours, but Annie and I watched the weather all day. I felt much better when Scott finally got back to the hotel. The tornadoes were 15 miles away and ripped the roof off of a Target. Scary. That night a long ways away a tornado killed 8 people. Oh I am thankful to live in Utah. Our only fear is the "BIG ONE" and like that is ever going to happen. Okay I really pray it never happens, but I don't usually think about it so I really don't worry about it. Tornados are a year round disturbance.

Someone really needs to teach me how to post my pics in a collage. I hate this formatting!

No comments: