Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's a girl!

We are extremely blessed and excited to have our fourth baby girl, Eva Marie. She was born on January 12th and weighed 9 lbs 4 oz. It was by far my hardest delivery, of course. I should have listened to the Doctor and let him deliver her early, but of course I didn't want to have an epidural so I didn't want to be started. Big mistake. I had Ellie without drugs and it was the best childbirth. One hour of labor after my water was broken. Well Eva didn't want to come out and didn't fit. Anyway this was my longest labor and after 15 hours of labor with pitossin and hard contractions and absolutely NO PROGRESS, I decided to get an epidural. They turned the pitossin way up and I finally started to dilate. It was my hardest delivery and even with the epidural I thought I would die, but she was worth it.


Look at those cute chubby cheeks!
Annie was by far the most excited to see her new sister. The girls came to the hospital on Tuesday to visit her and Eva wasn't allowed out of the nursery. Eva's glucose levels were too low, surprising for a big baby. The doctor said it was actually normal for a big baby. Anyway Annie was so upset and cried when the girls had to go home.

We let Annie miss school Margaret miss preschool on Wednesday to come and see the baby. They are proud big sisters!!

Ellie was actually very excited to see and hold Eva, but she didn't want to smile for the picture. After she held Eva she came over to me and asked to see the baby in my belly again. I tried to explain that Eva was the baby in my belly, but she didn't believe me. She then dragged my neice Chanel down to the nursery to see her baby. She was so funny.

Proud new Daddy!

5 comments:

Jeremy & Andrea said...

holy chubby cheeks! I'M SO THRILLED FOR YOU! I love the name Eva, it was my grandma's name and I actually want to name our next girl Eva Lynne (my grandma's name and my middle name) You are so my hero Lori! Congrats!

Kylene said...

Congrats! She's gorgeous!

The Pitcher Family said...

Thanks girls! Those are the cutest chubby cheeks. So Andrea when is the next one coming? Eva and Marie are both of my great grandmas names. Eva Lynne is really cute.

Dani said...

Congrats you guys! She IS a big baby, how did you do it? She is darling, though and a great addition to your little family. How is the adjustment to 4 kids going? I'm starting to freak out a little right now. I'd love to talk to you.

The Pitcher Family said...

Dani, If you can have twins you can definitely have 4 kids. Actually so far it hasn't been too bad. The girls love Eva and so as long as she can be a quick nurser they are happy. Are we going to Moab this year?